I don’t think it was particularly intentional, but I did a lot of awesome stuff last year. Erica was there for most of it; she has a knack for awesome stuff.
A short list:
- Visited San Diego
- Made some great SD friends (Hi Nate & Jill); paid it forward.
- Erica made me an amazing Crossword Puzzle for Valentine’s Day (it was interpreted as a proposal by some of our friends. Classic.)
- Walked away from Serious Eats. Weirdly, I’ve become a bigger Kenji fan in the last few months/weeks than ever before. Privileged to have every been a part of that.
- Bought TeamRadler.org. We’re gonna blow up in 2015, I can feel it. #TeamRadler
- Ran around Boston in a burger costume.
- Cheered on friends in their first marathon (and one of their second). We have incredible friends.
- Ran my fifth half-marathon, and showed Erica around The Cleve.
- Summer…went by to fast… Did some TV and radio spots. Ate, drank, and enjoyed the last few weeks with our old roommates & housemates.
- 30th BIRTHDAYS! That’s a big deal, right?
- Ebenezer’s. You were either there or your weren’t.
- Welcomed a new colleague. Kelsey, it’s really been a honor to work with you so far. Seriously talented.
- GABF & Colorado. Blogged about this a little for Craft Beer Cellar.
- Was crowned Formaggio Kitchen’s “Queso Royale” Champion and still hold the title. Couldn’t have done it without Erica, and the willingness/help of the FK crew, too!
- Some of the best beer & food I’ve ever had. More kind, fun, and smart people than I could have ever hoped to have in my life.
2015 has a lot of bright spots already: Raleigh Rare Beer Tasting, Certified Cicerone® (?), Copenhagen Beer Celebration (accepting donations 😉 ), maybe another 1/2 marathon, Boulevardia (yes, need to get there this year), and exploring new opportunities to give back to the communities and causes I care about.
Thank you to all of my family (animals included), friends, colleagues, associates, housemates, and hosts for making 2014 such a memorable year. Let me know how I can make your 2015 the best year of your life!